Learn how to make this Kale Pesto Pasta in minutes for your family any day of the week!
Kale is well known as a nutrient dense cruciferous vegetable. Other cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts. It is known to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory related health benefits and is enjoyed both raw in salads, and cooked in dishes like this Kale Pesto Pasta. When combined with flavourful and delicious pesto, this pasta dish is simply delicious and can be enjoyed by every member of your family.
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 bunch of kale, finely chopped
- 1 box or bag of pasta, prepared according to directions and drained
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- ½ lemon (juice)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- In oil, sauté onions until golden.
- Add kale and sauté for 5 minutes or until wilted and cooked.
- Add pesto, lemon juice, salt and pepper and drained pasta.
- Toss and serve.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
Be sure to wash kale prior to use.
Did you Know…
There is even a National Kale Day on October 5th to celebrate and recognize the goodness and health benefits that kale can provide our bodies.