Learn how to Roast Butternut Squash in order to prepare it for soups, side dishes, casseroles and more.
Butternut squash is a winter squash that grows on a vine. It’s sweet, nutty taste is enhanced when roasted and is often to compared to the taste of pumpkin and can be used in similar ways.
How to Roast Butternut Squash
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp and seeds.
- Spring with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Bake cut side down on parchment paper or on a lined baking dish at 400 degrees F.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown and very soft.
Here are some recipes that use roasted butternut squash:
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
MORE TO COME!