Why not enjoy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup as a hearty and healthy meal on a cold winter’s day?
This version has a slightly creamy texture. You might be surprised to learn which ingredient is used to give it that creaminess, that allows it to not be too heavy.
Soup can be accompanied by bread, salad, or even a sandwich to make a well-rounded meal. You can also serve it as a starter for a larger meal. Another great feature of soup is that it can be made ahead as it re-heats nicely for a snack or meal.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 roasted butternut squash, flesh scooped out
- 1-2 Tbsp Vegetta (or salt)
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp curry paste
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Saute onions in oil for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Add celery and spices. Stir together.
- Add squash. Stir.
- Add water. Stir.
- Bring to a simmer, then lower temperature. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until everything is smooth and silky.
- Add 1 cup tempered sour cream (see notes below).
- Add parsley. Stir.
NOTE: Here are the instructions for how to prepare roasted butternut squash.