The season is now fall and we are looking forward to the seasonal fall colours that will soon surround us. While peppers can be enjoyed year round as Stuffed Peppers or simply raw in a salad, right now they are in season in Ontario and they are abundant and flavourful!
One of the greatest things about Stuffed Peppers (aside from their taste, of course) is that they can be prepared in advance and simply re-heated for a delicious, wholesome meal.
6 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
1 lb ground beef
2 large onions, finely diced
1 cup long grain white rice
1 tsp Vegeta
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
3 Tbsp oil
- In a pan sauté onions in oil for 10 minuntes or until golden.
- Add beef and cook until no long pink then add all spices. Sauté for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and stir in raw rice.
- To prepare peppers, cut the tops off and remove stem, remove core and seeds. Place peppers in a baking dish.
- Spoon in meat/rice mixture evenly between all the peppers and cover with the tops.
- Add water to baking dish to cover pepper 1/4 way up, cover with lid or foil and bake on 350 for 1 hour.
- After the hour, remove lid and bake for another 15 minutes or until peppers begin to brown.
What is your favourite colour of pepper that you would use to make Stuffed Peppers?